Covid-19 Event Risk Management For
Charities: A Checklist
Is your charity planning an event or fundraiser? Our Covid-19 event risk management checklist keeps you safe and successful.
Authored by: iClick2Learn Team
Table of Contents
Covid-19 Event Risk Management for Charities
Charities, like all organisations, are affected by Covid-19 safety measures. Events, fundraisers, and dinners all look different with government-enforced guidelines and requirements applied. Even as Covid-19 guidelines ease, there are still many factors to consider when planning an event. Covid-19 event risk management helps your organisation plan safely and successfully.
Covid-19 Changes for Events: Your Checklist
If your charity is looking to resume events, your existing risk management procedures likely need to be updated. A Covid-19 event risk management strategy will help you resume events with maximum safety and efficiency.
In light of Covid-19, consider the following for your next event:
Health and Safety
- Hand washing and sanitising facilities for the public and the workforce
- Deep clean schedules for venues
- Training requirements for volunteers and workforce
- Covid-19-specific WH&S risk assessment
- Regularity of sanitising and cleaning operations
- Covid-19 Safety Marshall
- QR and manual check-in options
- Temperature monitoring and other screening requirements
- Collaboration with local public health authorities
- Tracking who is in the venue
- Health declarations pre-event
- Enhanced onsite medical teams
- Protocols for suspected and confirmed persons symptoms
- Pre-packaged catering rather than self-serve
- All caterers comply with safety requirements
- Increased standards for hygiene safety
- Volunteer and workforce training on standards and compliance
Event Operations and Venues
- “New normal” workplace practice
- Pre-event and pre-travel health checks
- Staff wellbeing post-lockdown
- Revised seating plans for limited capacity
- Maintenance schedules up-to-date
Financial and Management
- Venue use agreements in compliance with national Covid-19 recommendations
- Revision of welfare support and HR policies
- Revision of ticket terms and conditions/refund policy
- Sponsorship and licensing contracts extended/renewed
Covid-19 Event Risk Management: Safeguarding Volunteers
Planning an event post-lockdown can be exciting for your charity. As you take Covid-19 considerations, safeguarding volunteers remains a top priority.
You can help keep everyone safe by:
- Giving volunteers access to official sources for current information
- Providing volunteers with appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) and facilities
- Clarifying what volunteers should do if they become ill
- Educating volunteers on concerning symptoms
- Requiring all volunteers to practice good hygiene and social distancing
- Requiring volunteers to stay away from the workplace if they are ill and encouraging them to get prompt medical care
- Giving volunteers a point of contact to discuss concerns
- Immediately seeking advice from health authorities if you have a confirmed case of Covid-19 in your workplace
Covid-19 Event Risk Management: Conclusion
As fundraising activities and events resume, Covid-19 event risk management can keep your charity safe and compliant. Along with the other good work your organisation achieves, minimising the risk of Covid-19 transmission remains essential. Your charity may be planning its first event in a long while. Whether you are hosting a dinner or fundraiser, you can ensure maximum
safety and success by adhering to the latest Covid-19 guidance and regulations.
Is your organisation planning an event? If so, it is essential to identify and manage the risks. Event risk management helps you prepare.
Community and grassroots organisations have unique governance risks. But good governance creates a positive, accountable culture.
How the right safety training will reduce the risks to you and others, and how you can be actively involved and well informed in an emergency